Premium Digital Camera
The LUMIX LX15 is the next generation of Panasonic’s world-renowned LX premium compact camera series. Integrating 4K video recording capability, it’s the perfect choice for enthusiasts who want to release their creativity anytime, anywhere.
The LUMIX LX15 includes the newly-developed F1.4-F2.8 LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX lens system with 3x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 24-72mm). The lens lets a large volume of light into the camera, enabling the high-speed shutter release to capture clear, sharp images even in low-lit situations. It also allows for beautiful bokeh, making the subject stand out for impressive photos and videos.
The LUMIX LX15 brings the next era of photography to your pocket. The 1-inch MOS sensor with its 20.1-megapixel resolution realises high-quality image recording with stunning details. The MOS sensor contributes to a reduction in noise and improved S/N ratio, allowing for high-quality, high-sensitivity shots – even at ISO 12800. What’s more, the newly-added Random Filter granulates chromatic noise to be blended into the image more naturally.
For even faster response and greater mobility, the LUMIX LX15 features a fast, high-precision autofocus (AF) with DFD (Depth From Defocus) technology, which shortens the time to set focus. It calculates the distance to the subject by evaluating two images with different sharpness levels at 240fps. This improvement in speed and precision is even greater as focal length increases. The LUMIX LX15 boasts high-speed burst shooting at 10 fps (AFS) / 6 fps (AFC) to capture fast-moving subjects in focus.
Taking advantage of 4K technology, users can enjoy both 4K PHOTO and 4K VIDEO. With the 4K PHOTO capability, users can capture fleeting photo opportunities at 30 fps in 8-megapixel equivalent resolution by extracting the most photogenic frame from the 4K burst file to save as a photo. Three 4K functions are integrated to avoid missing the spur-of-the-moment action; 4K Burst Shooting, 4K Burst (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-burst.
The LUMIX LX15 excels in macro shooting capability thanks to integrating Panasonic’s cutting-edge optical/digital technologies. Stunning macro shots can be shot with a minimum working distance of 3cm (wide).
The LUMIX LX15 comes with Post Focus, a function that enables users to select in-focus areas after shooting. It’s helpful in situations such as macro shooting, where extreme focusing is required, or for changing the expression of the image by changing the subject in focus (simply by touching it on the camera’s integrated screen). This is beneficial when shooting macro shots of small objects such as insects or jewellery, or when shooting facial expressions.
Panasonic has also integrated a new Post Focus Stacking function into the LUMIX LX15, which enables users to take multiple images of the same frame with different areas in focus, then combine all or selected focus areas into one image.
The camera’s two control rings for focus and aperture make it even easier for enthusiasts to manually select the ideal settings to create the perfect picture.
The LUMIX LX15 also integrates the popular Creative Control function, which features a total of 22 filter options that add fun to digital photography – exceeding the expectations of a compact camera. It is now possible to apply one of these filters even in P/A/S/M mode. Users can combine precisely the setting and filter they desire to create the optimal image.
|Metrics||Dimensions (W x H x D)||105.5 x 60 x 42 mm/(4.15 x 2.36 x 1.65 inch)|
|Weight||Approx. 310 g with Battery and SD Memory Card (0.68 lb)/Approx. 280 g without Battery and SD Memory Card (0.62 lb)|
|Pixels||Camera Effective Pixels||20.1 Megapixels|
|Sensor||Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter||1-type High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 20.9 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter|
|Lens||Aperture||F1.4 – 2.8 / 9 Diaphragm Blades (F1.4 – 11.0 (W), F2.8 – 11.0 (T))|
|Focal Length||f = 8.8 – 26.4mm/(26 – 78mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3)/(24 – 72mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2)/(25 – 75mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9)/(31 – 93mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1)/(36 – 108mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3 4K PHOTO recording)/(36 – 108mm in 35mm equiv. in 3:2 4K PHOTO recording)/(36 – 108mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 4K PHOTO recording)/(38 – 114mm in 35mm equiv. in 1:1 4K PHOTO recording)/(25 – 75mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. Off / Level Shot function Off)/(27 – 81mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function Off)/(30 – 90mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording / O.I.S. On / Level Shot function On)/(36 – 108mm in 35mm equiv. in 4K video recording)|
|Extra Optical Zoom (EZ)||4.2x (3:2 / 10M (M)), 6x (3:2 / 5M (S))|
|Lens||LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX/11 elements in 9 groups/(4 aspherical lenses (dual-sided aspherical surfaces) / 2 aspherical ED lenses (dual-sided aspherical surfaces) / 1 UHR lens)|
|Optical Image Stabilizer||5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S. +*/* 5-Axis compensation works in video recording except for 4K video or high-speed video recording.|
|Digital Zoom||Max. 4x (When Digital Zoom is used simultaneously with Intelligent Zoom, you can only increase the zoom ratio up to 2x.)|
|Focus||Focusing Area||Normal: Wide 30 cm – infinity / Tele 30 cm – infinity/AF Macro / MF / Intelligent Auto / Motion Picture: Wide 3 cm – infinity / Tele 30 cm – infinity|
|AF Assist Lamp||Yes (On / Off)|
|Focus||AF / AF Macro / Macro Zoom * Each available with AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF/Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion picture recording), Touch AF/AE Function, Touch Shutter, MF Assist, Touch MF Assist, AF+MF, Focus Peaking, One Shot AF (Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF-ON), Low Light AF, Starlight AF|
|AF Metering||Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-area / Custom Multi / 1-area / Pinpoint/(Full area touch is available)|
|Shutter||Shutter Speed [Still Image]||Approx. 60 – 1/4,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter)/Approx. 1 – 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter)/Time (Approx. 120 sec)|
|Shutter Speed [Motion Picture]||Approx. 1/25 – 1/16,000 sec/Approx. 1/2 – 1/16,000 sec (Creative Video M Mode / MF Mode)|
|File||File Format||Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF/Motion Picture: AVCHD Progressive, AVCHD, MP4|
|Recording Modes||Mode Dial||Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Creative Video, C (Custom), Panorama Shot, Scene Guide, Creative Control|
|Creative Control mode||Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Monochrome, Dynamic Monochrome, Rough Monochrome, Silky Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Color, Sunshine (22 filters)|
|Still Image Scene Guide||Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child’s Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky, Warm Glowing Nightscape, Artistic Nightscape, Glittering Illuminations, Handheld Night Shot, Clear Night Portrait, Soft Image of a Flower, Appetizing Food, Cute Dessert, Freeze Animal Motion, Clear Sports Shot, Monochrome|
|Continuous Shooting Mode (Approx.)||[AFS] SH: 50 frames/sec*, H: 10 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)|
[AFC] H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
* Electronic shutter only.
|4K Photo Mode (*2)||4K Burst: 30 frames/sec, max. 15 min/4K Burst (S/S): 30 frames/sec, max. 15 min/4K Pre-Burst: 30 frames/sec, approx. 2 sec/(Depending on memory card size and battery power)/Exif Information: Yes/Marking Function: Yes (in 4K Burst (S/S) mode)|
|Motion Picture Recording (*2)||4K Video||3840 x 2160 pixels, 30p (4K: 100Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)/3840 x 2160 pixels, 25p (4K: 100Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 25fps) (AAC)/3840 x 2160 pixels, 24p (4K: 100Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 24fps) (AAC)|
|HD Video||1920 x 1080 pixels, 50p (FHD: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 50fps) (Dolby)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 24p (FHD: 24Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 24fps) (Dolby)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 50i (FHD: 24Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 25fps) (Dolby)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 50i (FHD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 50fps) (Dolby)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 60fps) (AAC)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 50p (FHD: 28Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 50fps) (AAC)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 30p (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 25p (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 25fps) (AAC)/1280 x 720 pixels, 30p (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) (AAC)/1280 x 720 pixels, 25p (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 25fps) (AAC)|
|High Speed Video||1920 x 1080 pixels, 30p (FHD: MP4) (Sensor Output is 120fps)/1920 x 1080 pixels, 25p (FHD: MP4) (Sensor Output is 100fps)|
|Continuous Recordable Time (Motion Pictures) (*2)||AVCHD||FHD/50p: Approx. 70 min/FHD/50i: Approx. 70 min|
|MP4||4K/30p, 4K/25p: Approx. 60 min/FHD/60p, FHD/50p: Approx. 70 min|
|Actual recordable Time (Motion Pictures) (*2)||AVCHD||FHD/50p: Approx. 35 min/FHD/50i: Approx. 35 min|
|MP4||4K/30p, 4K/25p: Approx. 30 min/FHD/60p, FHD/50p: Approx. 35 min|
|Exposure Parameters||Exposure||Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual|
|Exposure Compensation||1/3 EV step, +/-5 EV (+/-3 EV for motion picture)|
|Light Metering||Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot|
|ISO Sensitivity||Still Image: Auto / i.ISO / 80* / 100* / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600*/Motion Picture: Auto / 125 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400/(Changeable to 1/3 EV step)/* Extended ISO|
|Picture Quality||Still Picture Recording||[4:3] 4864×3648 (17.5M) (L) / 3456×2592 (9M) (M) / 2432×1824 (4.5M) (S)/[3:2] 5472×3648 (20M) (L) / 3888×2592 (10M) (M) / 2736×1824 (5M) (S)/[16:9] 5472×3080 (17M) (L) / 3840×2160 (8M) (M) / 1920×1080 (2M) (S)/[1:1] 3648×3648 (13.5M) (L) / 2592×2592 (6.5M) (M) / 1824×1824 (3.5M) (S)|
|Image Quality||RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / Fine / Standard|
|White Balance||Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set1 / White Set2 / White Set3 / White Set4 / Color Temperature/(2-axis adjustable)|
|Photo Style||Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom|
|Picture Adjustment||Contrast, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Saturation*, Color Tone**, Filter Effect**/* Except for Monochrome mode. ** For Monochrome mode only.|
|Bracket||AE Bracket||3, 5, 7 images in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV step, Max. +/-3 EV|
|Aperture Bracket||3, 5 or all positions in 1 EV step|
|Focus Bracket||1 to 999 images, focus steps can be set in 5 levels|
|White Balance Bracket||3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis|
|Other||Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal)||Yes (On / Off)|
|Wi-FI||IEEE 802.11b/g/n/2412 MHz – 2462 MHz (1-11 ch)/WPA / WPA2/Infrastructure Mode / WPS|
|Zoom in Motion Picture||Yes|
|Self Timer||2 sec / 10 sec / 10 sec (3 images)|
|Self Shot Mode||Yes|
|Display||Playback Mode||All, Slideshow, Filtering Play (Picture Only, Video Only, 4K PHOTO, Post Focus, Category Selection, Favorite), Calendar|
|Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback||12,30-thumbnails / Yes|
|Set Favorites / Rotate Image||Yes / Yes|
|Show Histogram/ Show Highlights||Yes / Yes|
|DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection||Yes / Yes|
|Title Edit / Text Stamp||Yes / Yes|
|Resize/ Cropping||Yes / Yes|
|PictBridge Support||Single / Multi / All / DPOF / Favorites|
|Setup||OSD language||Japanese, English, German, French, Italian, Spanish|
|Monitor||LCD Monitor||7.5cm (3.0″) TFT Screen LCD Display (1040k dots), Tiltable monitor/Static Touch Control/Field of View: Approx. 100%, Wide Viewing-angle, AF Coating|
|Flash||Built- in- Flash||Auto*, Auto/Red-eye Reduction*, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off * For iA, iA+ mode only./0.5 – 12.1m (Wide / ISO Auto), 0.3 – 6.0m (Tele / ISO Auto)|
|Media||Recording Media||SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card/(Compatible with UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards)|
|Built- in- Memory||–|
|Audio||Microphone / Speaker||Stereo / Mono|
|Interface||Interface||microHDMI typeD (*3), USB2.0 Micro-B|
|Power||Power||Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 680mAh, 4.9 Wh) (Included)/USB Power Charging|
|Battery life (Approx.)||260 images (CIPA Standard) (*1)|
|Standard Package||Included Software||・ The software to process RAW file on PC is not bundled with DMC-LX15. To do this, SILKYPIX Developer Studio is available for download at Ichikawa Soft Laboratory’s website using PC connected to the Internet./・ The DMC-LX15 Operating Instructions for advanced features is available for downloaded at Panasonic LUMIX Customer Support Site using PC, smartphone or tablet connected to the Internet./・ The software for PC is not bundled with DMC-LX15. Please use the software pre-installed to the PC or other general image viewing software to browse pictures.|
|Standard Accessories||Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap|
|NOTE||Recording conditions by CIPA standard|
|NOTE||– Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF) / Humidity: 50%RH when monitor is on.|
|NOTE||– Using a Panasonic SDHC Memory Card|
|NOTE||– Using the supplied battery.|
|NOTE||– Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].)|
|NOTE||– Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording.|
|NOTE||– Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording.|
|NOTE||– The number of recordable pictures varies depending on the recording interval time.|
|NOTE||– If the recording interval time becomes longer, the number of recordable pictures decreases.|
|NOTE||– CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association].|
|NOTE||– Use a card with SD Speed Class with “Class 4” or higher when recording motion pictures.|
|NOTE||– Use a card with SD Speed Class with “UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)” when recording motion pictures with [MP4] in [4K] or [4K PHOTO].|
|NOTE||(SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.)|
|NOTE||– Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [AVCHD].|
|NOTE||– Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 15 minutes with [MP4] in [4K].|
|NOTE||– When using an SDHC memory card: You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.|
|NOTE||– When using an SDXC memory card: You can record a motion picture in a single file.|
|NOTE||– Recording stops when the continuous recording time exceeds 29 minutes and 59 seconds with [MP4] in [FHD] [HD] and High Speed motion pictures.|
|NOTE||You can continue recording without interruption even if the file size exceeds 4 GB but the motion picture file will be divided and recorded/played back separately.|
|NOTE||– These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH.|
|NOTE||– The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use.|
|NOTE||– Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc.|
|NOTE||For [4K] video output, use an HDMI cable that has the HDMI logo on it, and that is described as”4K compatible”.|
DMC-LX15EB User Manual
Purchase Period: 01/11/2018 – 31/01/2019
Claim by 30/04/2019
Helpline Number: 0344 844 3899 – Email: www.panasonic.co.uk/email
- The LUMIX Winter 2018/19 Cashback Promotion (hereafter referred to as the “Promotion”) is promoted by Panasonic UK, a branch of Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, whose registered address is Panasonic, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1RT, UK (the “Promoter”).
- The Promotion is applicable to residents of the EEA, EU, Switzerland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man who are aged 18 years or over.
- In order to qualify for the Promotion, participants must purchase a new (not second hand) Qualifying Product in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man during the Promotion Period. Claims relating to products purchased before or after this Promotion Period will be deemed invalid.
- This Promotion is open to participating retailers only in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. Please check with your chosen retailer that they are participating in this Promotion prior to purchasing a Qualifying Product to avoid any disappointment.
- Purchases made from Dixons Travel are excluded from this promotion.
- All Qualifying Products must be new and genuine Panasonic products. Purchases of second hand, refurbished or reconditioned products, products imported from outside the EEA or products which are counterfeit or infringe the intellectual property rights of the Panasonic group of Companies in any way will not qualify for this Promotion
- To claim this promotion for your purchase, please complete the online claim form (www.panasonic.co.uk/promotions) and upload a copy of your full purchase receipt (not deposit receipt) and an image of the product barcode, which can be found on the side of your product box (showing the model number and serial number) by the Claim Deadline. Applications made after this date will not be eligible for the Promotion. Please ensure your purchase receipt includes the model number purchased and the date of purchase. The picture of the receipt and barcode submitted must show a date stamp of at least 35 days after the date of purchase
- Claims are not valid in respect of Qualifying Products that are returned to a retailer and the participant exchanges the product or receives a refund, in which case the Promoter will be entitled to claim back any Cashback paid. PLEASE NOTE: Participants must wait 35 DAYS, from the date of purchase BEFORE submitting their on-line claim. In any event, the last date for registration will be the Claim Deadline.
- The Promoter will not process a claim if the participant cannot provide both an image of the product barcode and a copy of the purchase receipt. If, for any reason, the participant has not retained the product box, the Promoter will accept an image of the serial number found on the base of the Qualifying Product.
- Participants who are unable to upload the supporting documentation to verify their claim, may send their printed claim form along with a photocopy of the full purchase receipt (we are unable to return these so please do not send the original) and an image of the product barcode to the address below, to be received on or before the Claim Deadline. Printed Claim forms received after this date will not be eligible for this Promotion.
Address for Postal Claims:
LUMIX Winter 2018/19 Cashback Offer
Panasonic, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, Berkshire RG12 1RT, United Kingdom
- The Promoter will not be held responsible or liable for any technical, hardware, software, server, website or other failures or damage of any kind, to the extent that this prevents the participant from or otherwise obstructs the participant to enter in the Promotion. Claims made by fax, telephone or email will not be accepted. Illegible, incomplete or altered claim forms will be deemed void, as will claim forms not completed in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Upon submission of your online registration, your claim will be verified. Participants will be sent an automated email to confirm the receipt of their Cashback claim and the next steps of the claim process
- Please allow 28 days from the date we receive your claim and all supporting documentation, to receive your Cashback. If you have not received your Cashback within the estimated 28 days, please contact us, using the contact details above. Regrettably, claims pursued outside of the Claim Deadline will not be accepted.
- Participants are informed that PayPal charges, may apply. Cheques must be used within 6 months of the date of issue.
PRIVACY & DATA PROTECTION
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify tha eligibility of all claims to protect itself against fraudulent, invalid or repetitive claims including, without limitation, to require the participant to prove that it did not return the product. Claims for returned products, bad faith or fraudulent entries or claims that otherwise do not meet these terms and conditions will be invalidated and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the participant making such a claim from this and other promotional activities.
- To monitor fraudulent claims the Promoter reserves the right to cross check product returns with the relevant retailers against Cashback claims received. Any potential fraudulent activity will be followed up by the Promoter. The Promoter will withhold the issuance of a Cashback (or take steps to require repayment if already paid) where it is suspected that a false or fraudulent claim has been made
- The Cashback offered under this Promotion is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and there is no credit or product alternative available.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and to amend or withdraw this promotion at any time
- Only one claim per model purchased and one billing address is permitted.
- This Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
- By claiming this Cashback, applicants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.